14 Reactions to DeAndre Jordan’s Dunk, With Captions
By now we’ve all seen the massacre that is DeAndre Jordan dunking on Brandon Knight.
Despite Jordan being a freakishly athletic 6’11 center, and Knight being a much shorter 6’3 point guard, the lobbed alley-oop and slam into the teeth of an innocent help defender is certainly deserving of Dunk of the Year honors.
I plan on making this a rich memory and not attempting to turn Brandon Knight into the butt of some really bad jokes. So to bid a final farewell, here’s 14 live reactions, post-dunk.
Note: I can’t positively identify everyone in the picture.
1. Eric Bledsoe — Obvious disgust washes over the injured point guard’s face. If I were to guess, I’d sense a little compassion from Bledsoe for his fallen Kentucky Wildcat brethren.
2. Random blonde female — Hard to spot these at a Clippers game, huh?
3. Ryan Hollins — Mind. Blown. Luckily he’s keeping all the brain matter inside.
4. Trey Thompkins (?) — Crazed fan? No. Just a reserve that didn’t dress and on the verge of saying ‘fuck.’
5. Jamal Crawford and Blake Griffin — Classic. If you watch the video, Griffin has to actually be contained by head coach Vinny Del Negro.
6. Maalik Wayns (?) — The ol’ squat and shock. These reactions are most common at summer league games.
7. Unknown teammate — This is the Monster. Arches his back, flexes his arms and makes some sort of roaring sound.
8. DeAndre Jordan — He knew right away. Hell, he knew mid-flight. At this point, total disregard for the possible punishment he may face after committing such a crime.
9. Chris Paul — The heady veteran wants to make sure Jordan is actually aware of what he just did.
10. Caron Butler — After 10 years in the NBA, this is about all the excitement you get from a 32-year-old following a monster slam.
11. Greg Monroe — This is the awkward reaction – the time when you want to celebrate a sensational dunk, but you can’t because it was on your own teammate and you’re currently losing by lots of points. So instead you just give that stare like, “No you didn’t just do that, man.”
12. Charlie Villanueva – Charlie just realized he’s currently in Los Angeles.
13. Lamar Odom — Couldn’t care less. Where in the hell is Khloe?
14. Brandon Knight — Man down. Man down. If I was talented enough, I would’ve outlined this poor kid in white chalk. Initial reaction might be to act like you’re hurt, but it does very little in this situation.